To say I'm excited would be a drastic understatement. Fjords, waterfalls, and villages galore, not to mention the Northern Lights, whale watching tours, and majestic geography -- What's not to like?
1) Many Icelanders believe in elves and trolls. They've been known to re-route roads they suspect will encroach on areas where these creatures live.
2) Beer was made legal in 1989! wow.
3) Seal skin leather is common for village fishermen.
4) Iceland is the most sparsely populated country in Europe.
5) I hear one of the reasons Iceland won't join the EU is because they want to continue their controversial tradition of fin whaling.
6) It's home to puffins. I love puffins.
7) The Icelandic language hasn't changed for over 1000 years. It's the closest living language to Old Norse except for Faroese.
That's all for now!